Potential foster adoptive families must:
• Have an interest in working with the type of children Buckner serves- children with special needs due to experiencing abuse, neglect, loss and seperation from their family.
• Be interested in providing temporary care for children
• Be legally married for at least two years (Unmarried, single applicants also eligible to apply)
• Be at least 21 years of age
• Have a high school diploma, G.E.D or the ability to demonstrate skills in reading, writing, and solving basic mathematic equations. The applicant must also possess the ability to learn in an academic setting
• Have access to transportation. If personal transportation is used, proof of liability insurance must be provided to Buckner
• Have a work schedule that allows for at least one parent to be with the child before and after school, on the weekends, and during the child's sleeping hours.